Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tooth Fairy Time

The Tooth Fairy has been super busy these days. Not leaving money/gifts for lost teeth, but trying to complete this..... 
I found this really cute idea on Pinterest, of course.

Jaimee Rose has an easy DIY to follow as well as She's Making Cards. You can pretty much find everything at Hobby Lobby. I did, however, just today (see I'm slacking), buy the door knocker at Miniatures
Although, I totally forgot the mail slot so I will buy that as well.

Today I decided to tackle this door finally and buy the parts I still needed, until I realized that I put the numbers on the wrong side of the door. I kind of freaked for a minute thinking I'd have to buy another door, but I can just use the left over numbers. I just have to paint the other side first and add the extra trim to the other side.

Here is the idea behind the Tooth Fairy door.....basically this is where the fairy enters and leaves money/gifts. The box next to the door, here is my plan with that... In hopes that this little box lasts over the years, this will be the box where all of her baby teeth are kept.

In all honesty, I kind of think it's a bit weird/gross to keep all the teeth, but when I look back on those I have of Jeremiah's, it's kind of sentimental in a weird way. Ha!

I'm giving myself a week to finish this little project and start this cute, fun tradition with Avery.
I say the Tooth Fairy has been busy because, well Avery has had her teeth out since mid February! Oops! :) And I've kind of put this door thing on the back burner. So, I think I will use the idea of mailing Avery the door; Like she got a special gift from the Tooth Fairy. Possibly write a little letter telling Avery to put the door in a special place so she can visit her that night.
Here are a few things I, ahem...the Tooth Fairy will be doing as well....

Fairy Dust!! Gotta leave a little at the front of the door! Every Fairy has to have Fairy Dust! :) {I'll DIY my own though}
Tooth Fairy Kit. So cute huh! I like this because I want to date when she lost her teeth. Plus, a cute little letter and certificate from the Tooth Fairy is adorable!
HowDoesShe shared a cute idea on how to leave the tooth.
And there ya have it! Our Tooth Fairy tradition! I'm sure I'll add more or change things over the years, but for now I love it all. :)

Oh the things I wish I knew when Jeremiah was the girls' age. Alas, with everything new I find, I just start it now....

No comments:

Post a Comment