Sunday, March 25, 2012

TEXANS! Games 3 & 4

This past weekend Jeremiah had two soccer games and it was HOT. I am already rockin' the farmers tan ;)

Game three was on Saturday and the team, well the team.....hmmm how does a mother say this nicely....not having practice for two weeks showed. We just were not on our game. 

I did almost kick a kid though. Not really, I'd never do that. But Mother Bear mode kicked in. Jeremiah plays goalie during one half of the game and at one point he dove to stop the ball and the other player still tried to go in for the kick. Mind you, the ball was right at Jeremiah's head. The ref saw and blew the whistle and thankfully the boy stopped, or he would of literally kicked my baby in the head. I just remember standing up ready to give the ref a piece of my mind if he hadn't blown that whistle. 

Yes, I'm "that" mom. :)....or at least I can be if my baby gets hurt on purpose. 

On the drive home, Jeremiah said that the other team, as they all line up to say "good game", apparently the other team was not so nice. Jeremiah said 

"I wanted to punch one of them for being so rude and laughing at us"

Whoops.....I think I should calm down during games! ;) Jeremiah is a very competitive kid. He does not like to lose and he really gets upset, especially if it is something he really loves, like soccer. Even, so, I probably should tone it down. 

Well, game four, something similar happened, but this time the ref didn't call it. This mamma was livid. But, I kept my cool. A little bit later, the ref called a foul on one of our guys for barely pushing a kid. In the game of soccer, a little nudge is fine. So, what do I do.....

"Really Ref!!?? You call that, but when my baby gets kicked in the head you say nothing!!??"

Yep, I lost my cool. I just got a look and I pretty much shut my mouth after that. Well, just so he couldn't hear me anymore. 

Jeremiah gets nudged, pushed and all that in games.....it's soccer.....and it doesn't bother me, but an intentional kick....yep, I get mad. 

Other than those issues, we played well. Game four we played a team who kicked our butt in the fall, bad and this time we held our ground pretty well. 

Until next Saturday....GO TEXANS!

*pics will be up soon*

No comments:

Post a Comment