Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Picnic at the Park

OA couple days ago, the kids and I had a fun little picnic at the park.

{i'll have to fix these pics later. Not sure why they are posting funny from my phone}

Avery finally learned how to swing by herself at my sister's a couple weekends ago. So, she was very excited to show me what a big girl she was. 

My first baby girl is growing up so fast. I wish I could freeze time. Before I know it she will be in Kinder.....oh, wait, she will be in August. Where have the years gone?

Even Bri is growing up so fast. She may be a small thing, but this girl has no fear sometimes. How I miss not having a care in the world.

Life just seemed so simple as a child. No planning for the future. We just had faith that our parents knew what they were doing.

I was reminded of that faith this morning as I read Jesus Calling scripture today. Here is a portion...

You can make some plans as you gaze into the day that stretches out before you. But you need to hold those plans tentatively, anticipating that I may have other ideas. The most important thing to determine is what to do right now. Instead of scanning the horizon of your life, looking for things that need to be done, concentrate on the task before you and the One who never leaves your side.

Those of you that know me, know I like to plan ahead. Sometimes, waaay ahead. But, I need to realize that those plans can change in a second. I need to remember to keep the faith in my Father, no matter what the road ahead looks like. Because His plan for me is far better than my own.

I had fun with my babies. I love how God can use any moment or situation to teach you something. =)





No comments:

Post a Comment